Fortnight in numbers
Posted October 5, 2007on:
- June Quarterly GDP growth of 0.7% (seasonally adjusted)
- August Non-residential consents up 1.3% (seasonally adjusted) on July
- August Residential consents up 0.8% (seasonally adjuste) on July
- $945m trade deficit in August
- August Credit card data down 0.3% on July
I don’t usually say anything about the data, but ….
That GDP number, I wouldn’t have picked it. I was saying that the RBNZ was on crack saying that we would have 2.9% GDP growth in the year to March 2008. However, after that it looks like they knew what they were talking about, and I was the one on crack.
I’ve got to admit, if you question the experts (the RBNZ), you’re often going to be wrong. What can I say, I prefer Microeconomics anyway 😉