Credit Crunch jokes
Posted November 4, 2008on:
It’s good to know investment bankers still have a sense of humor. I just these jokes in an email from some friends in finance. From the Wall Street Journal apparently.
Given that a major NZ investment bank has just had a large culling of its staff I guess they need something to lighten the mood around the office!
Gallows humor. Wall Street might have lost tons of money, but that doesn’t mean traders have lost their ability to laugh. Some faves making the rounds:
– What’s the definition of optimism? An investment banker who irons five shirts on a Sunday evening.
– What is the capital of Iceland? About $3.50
– I tried to get cash from an ATM today, but it said “insufficient funds.” I don’t know if that meant them or me.
– What’s the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza? The pizza can still feed a family of four.
– What does a hedge-fund manager with no fund to manage say? Would you like fries with that sir?
– The credit crunch is getting bad, isn’t it? I mean, I let my brother borrow 10 bucks a couple weeks back. It turns out I’m now America’s fourth-biggest lender.